3 to 4 medium size ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
80g unsalted butter, melted
80g brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
100g unbleached plain flour
100g wholemeal flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 handful of walnut, crushed
1 handful of chocolate chips
1. Add the eggs to a mixing bowl, beat lightly with a manual hand whisk.
2. Add the brown sugar and whisk to dissolve.
3. Add mashed bananas and mix well to combine.
4. Add melted butter and vanilla extract and mix well to combine.
5. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in another bowl. Mix well.
6. Sift the flour mixture into the wet mixture. Mix to incorporate the flour. Do not over mix. Stop when flour disappears. Add the walnuts and give it a quick mix .
7. Pour batter into a baking pan greased lightly with butter. Top with some chocolate chips and bake in a preheated 180 degree oven for about 30 - 35 minutes till a skewer comes out clean.
8. Let cool in the baking pan for about 5-10 minutes before turning the cake out onto a rack .
9. Serve warm or cooled.